Seven Days of Holiday Foods

(Photo Source: Tima Miroshnichenko)

(Photo Source: Tima Miroshnichenko)

Seamus Dowling, Writer

The holiday season is full of meals for Christmas, Hanukkah, etc, and at these meals, there is an assortment of food. Entrees like ham, brisket, and pasta and sweets like sugar cookies, candy canes, and cinnamon apple cake flood the dining room tables. There are a lot of foods to choose from, but which entrees and sweets are the best?

After asking a teacher at Pentucket Regional High School, my friends, and my parents and sharing my personal opinion, I have the ultimate list of holiday entrees and sweets.

These are the results of the best foods to eat during the holiday season.

Entrees

1. Me- “Meatballs because you can have them in pasta or you can eat them by themselves.”
  2. Ms. Ducolon- “Latkes because they are good, but bad for you. They are guilt-free.”
  3. Cam Wirwicz- “Spaghetti and meatballs because I have it every year for Christmas.”
  4. Simon Bissitt- “Chinese food because I have it every year.”
  5. Garrett Grafton- “Ham with mustard because it is yummy.”
  6. Erika Dowling- “Lasagna because it is good, and I have had Italian food on every single Christmas Day.”
  7. Mark Dowling- “Lasagna because we have it every year.”

Sweets

1. Me- “Lindt Chocolate Bears because I get them every year in my stocking.”
  2. Ms. Ducolon- “Chocolate caramel back because my grandma made it, and now my dad makes it. It is a family tradition.”
  3. Simon Bissitt- “Eggnog because it is so good.”
  4. Cam Wirwicz- “Snickerdoodle cookies because my mom makes a mean snickerdoodle cookie.”
  5. Garret Grafton- “Cinnamon rolls because my mom makes them every Christmas morning.”
  6. Erika Dowling- “Chocolate cream pie because it is good.”
  7. Mark Dowling- “Eggnog because it is so good.”

No matter if you are eating with your family for a holiday dinner or breakfast or just eating a sweet snack, these are the best things to eat during the holiday season.