Remembering Miss Feudo

Photo source: contefuneralhome

Photo source: contefuneralhome

Emily Jones, Copy Editor

Miss Deborah Feudo, a retired social studies teacher from the Helen R. Donaghue elementary school in Merrimac, MA, sadly passed away on March 1, 2023, after her two-year battle with Pancreatic Cancer. She was a vibrant and enthusiastic woman who spent her time with her family and dogs. Miss Feudo is  often described as many students’ favorite elementary teacher from the students here at PRMHS and her memory will live on in love and appreciation forever.

After hearing about her passing, some students shared their favorite memories of Miss Feudo. Junior Leigha Cignetti said, “She was always radiating positivity,” which is a quality that all of her former students agree on. Cignetti followed that up with: “Her class was a safe space that I always looked forward to.”

Additionally, Junior Zoe Dunn said, “She was a very laid-back teacher who always wanted to get to know her students. Hearing about her passing is heartbreaking.” Zoe further described Miss Feudo as “[her] favorite teacher from elementary school because she encouraged creativity.”

Junior Aine Reade said, “I remember that at the end of the school year, we had a class period dedicated to learning how to ballroom dance.” Aine added, “It was very fun, just like she was.”

Miss Feudo often shared her passions with her classes. She talked about ballroom dancing and her dogs, and she always inspired her students in more ways than one. Hearing about her passing sparked very fond memories for many of the students at PRMHS and Miss Feudo’s warm and bright presence will be remembered forever. 

In lieu of flowers, Miss Feudo’s family requested on her behalf that donations go to Sweet Paws Rescue, 310 Main Street, Groveland, MA 01834, or https://www.sweetpawsrescue.org/donate .

To view Miss Feudo’s obituary: Obituary information for Deborah J. Feudo (contefuneralhomes.com)