• Juneteenth/No School- June 19th
  • Senior Class Trip, Smitty's Cinema - May 28th
  • Graduation- June 1st
  • Prom/Half Day- May 24th
  • Last Day of School for Seniors - May 24th
  • Last Day Of School (non-seniors) - June 14th
  • Memorial Day/No School- May 27th
  • Credit for life- May 23rd

A Freshman’s Guide to Spirit Week

Photo Source: Emily Jones

Spirit Week, often described as one of the most fun weeks of the entire school year, is upon us here at Pentucket! However, it is extremely common for underclassmen and new students to need help understanding what Spirit Week is and how they can get involved. 

Participating in Pentucket’s spirit week is one of the best ways to get involved in the school community. By participating in each day’s theme, you help your class earn points in the Spirit Week competition – winning this grants you bragging rights.

Each year, the week before Thanksgiving break, Pentucket’s student council hosts Spirit Week, six days each with a separate theme that grants points to each class based on how many students from each grade participate. 

This year’s themes:

WEDNESDAY 11/15: NEW ENGLAND SPORTS DAY

FRESHMEN: Bruins

SOPHOMORES: Celtics

JUNIORS: Red Sox
SENIORS: Patriots

THURSDAY 11/16: TWIN DAY

TWIN WITH A FRIEND OR GROUP OF FRIENDS AND TAKE A PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR TWIN(S) AND SHOW IT TO YOUR HOMEROOM TEACHER

FRIDAY 11/17: PAJAMA DAY & HOMECOMING DANCE @6PM

ALL GRADES WEAR PAJAMAS

MONDAY 11/20: SURFERS VS BIKERS

FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORES: Bikers

JUNIORS AND SENIORS: Surfers

TUESDAY 11/21: COLOR DAY

FRESHMEN: Pink

SOPHOMORES: Orange
JUNIORS: Red
SENIORS: Black

WEDNESDAY 11/22: PENTUCKET DAY AND PEP RALLY

WEAR ANY OF YOUR PENTUCKET MERCH OR GREEN AND WHITE

Color Day tasks:

Color day (falls on Monday 11/20), is always one of the most popular days, especially considering all of the work that goes into it. Each grade has a banner, display case, and video that goes along with the theme they chose for that year. There are groups dedicated to each task, the effort and creativity that is put into each task is not only appreciated but is also one of the deciding factors for the winners. These videos are always watched during the pep rally that falls on the half day before Thanksgiving break. Getting involved in your class’ color day disciplines is a great way to be involved in your school.

Spirit Night (11/21): 

Spirit Night is an after-school event where students and staff come together to play games and have fun. This year, it falls on Tuesday 11/21 at 6 p.m. Each class wears their correlating color (see Themes) and this night is also a huge deciding factor for points towards spirit week as a whole. On Spirit Night, the games include dodgeball, nitroball, tug-o-war, limbo, and so much more. The class with the most students who show up and stay for the event gets the most points. Whoever wins the tournaments gets extra points for their class. 

Pep Rally (11/22):

The pep rally is held last period on the last day before Thanksgiving break. The whole school reports either to the gym or the auditorium, and this is where the class videos are shown. The cheerleaders lead the school in cheers and the band performs briefly, ramping up the energy and school spirit. It is a lot of fun, and the winners of the video and spirit week are announced the next week. 

Pro Tips:

• Remember to go to your homeroom every day so your outfit can be counted for your class. 
  • Only one piece of clothing counts for a point, so you don’t have to go all out. 
  • Try to get involved in the color day activities (video, banner, or display case); the more help the better and you’ll most likely regret not doing it later. 
  • Check social media! Your class officers will post on the student council’s Instagram or your class’s Instagram accounts for reminders on which day is next. 
  • Plan in advance: some days may require some preparation like buying one or two crucial items or coordinating with friends to match (twin day) or sharing items you may not have. 

Be sure to show your Pentucket Pride by participating this week! GO PANTHERS!