• Juneteenth/No School- June 19th
  • Senior Class Trip, Smitty's Cinema - May 28th
  • Graduation- June 1st
  • Prom/Half Day- May 24th
  • Last Day of School for Seniors - May 24th
  • Last Day Of School (non-seniors) - June 14th
  • Memorial Day/No School- May 27th
  • Credit for life- May 23rd

Flamingo’s Coffee Bar: A Review

Flamingo’s Coffee Bar: A Review
Sophie Marcus

If you are ever in the Exeter or Hampton, New Hampshire area and need a pick me up, you can not go wrong by enjoying a to-go or dine-in experience at Flamingo’s Coffee Bar. It is a lovely weekend morning, and nothing screams good morning like an iced latte at a local business. Since its opening in 2021, the Flamingo Cafe has been extremely popular. This is due to their variety of drinks inspired by artists such as Taylor Swift. However, I believe this cafe has a drink for everyone, Swiftie or not. Being a Swiftie, I decided to judge whether they did Swift justice or not. Come with me as I evaluate the vibe, service, and quality.

The Aroma 

Sophie Marcus

Located in Exeter, NH, the cafe sits on the corner of a street with a welcoming look. This shop immediately caught my attention with its bright and inviting salmon color. Before I even stepped foot into this cafe, I knew it would be my kind of place.

The shop’s interior lured me in even more with its aesthetic chairs and farmhouse vibe. Following the physical appearance of the interior, the air was enticing, as it was filled with positivity. If your conversation went dry, this cafe was the kind that would make it easy to enjoy being quiet because it was filled with laughter and light conversations.

Pentucket Junior Ava Greenbaum states, “I loved the ambiance, and even in March, it was super welcoming with the booths and the seating outside.” 

Often, the majority of restaurants attract the male gender due to their televisions showing sports games, but this cafe was geared towards the female gender.

This organization supports a different cause each month by donating money to those needing financial aid. For example, this week, Flamingo is partnering with Womenade to donate to school nurses, guidance counselors, and doctor’s offices.

Thus, this business prioritizes giving back to the community instead of pocketing money for its own benefit. More businesses should aim for this goal as well. With this knowledge and taking how good it felt to be in the environment, I would rate the surroundings and aims of this business a 4.5/5.

The Service

The cafe was set up so that once you order and pay at the register, you can sit down and wait for your name to be called if you are getting to-go. 

When I first walked in, I noted how long the line was, and to my surprise, there were only two people in front of me. I did not even notice that there was anyone in front of me because of how efficient the service was. 

Once I got to the register, I was greeted by a friendly employee who took my order. For a busy cafe, they sure know how to make your order quick. After ordering a latte I sat down in a comfortable chair and only waited two minutes for it to be ready. 

On a 5 scale for service, I would rate this a 3.5/5.

The Quality

Sophie Marcus

When I picked my drink up from the counter, I went to sit down, opened my straw, and went to heaven. Of course, I ordered Gold Rush (Taylor’s Version), considering it was named after Swift’s famous song from her album Evermore. 

This drink was an espresso with caramel, vanilla, and oat milk. Normally, I am not a fan of oat milk, but this drink piqued my taste buds’ interest. It was undoubtedly the perfect combination of 

coffee and the sweetened tastes because, with light sweetener, it was not overpowering. 

Essentially, as I was drinking this latte, I felt good knowing that my money was well spent because it went to a good cause (giving back). In the process, I could say I tried a specialized Swift coffee. That being said, I would rate this latte a 5/5.

Greenbaum agrees, “The quality is unbelievable. I got a seasonal peppermint beverage, and the taste and quality were out of this world. Also, they have a variety of milk options so that everyone’s needs will be fulfilled, which I like. This is definitely not a hit-or-miss place; it always hits.”