Five things to do during Midterm Week

Midterm week may be the worst nightmare for many students; they are an hour and a half long tests covering material from September to January. It may seem pretty intimidating for even the best students; however there is a plus side to the week: all classes end at 11:12 a.m., and students are free to leave for the day. So, to not waste any of these hard earned half days, here are some easy ideas on how to spend them.

1. Go Out to Lunch

There is finally time to eat somewhere other than the school cafeteria during the week day, and, with Panera Bread only a couple minutes down the street, it is hard to resist not going out for some lunch with friends after a long day.

1. Sleep

Many students may just go home and continue where they left off at 6:00 a.m. Coming home from school and sleeping sounds so great and with all this extra time from early release. Why not?

1. Catch up on some TV shows

As well as going home to sleep, going home and relaxing with some Netflix seems like the ideal afternoon for a stressed out student.

1. Hang out with friends

Again, with school getting out at 11:12 in the morning there is plenty of time for students to do stuff they may not usually have time to do; that may include meeting up with some friends that you don’t always see during the school day.

1. Study

Finally, unfortunately for the procrastinators of the world, all the extra time provides students with plenty of time to get some extra studying in before tests the next day. So before students get to excited about spending the week homework free, remember that even in the short amount of time there is school it is important to be prepared for midterms.