Graduation Feels

Graduation Feels

707 students are currently enrolled in Pentucket High School.

About 98 teachers are employed at Pentucket High School

Compared to other communities and groups one is a part of in his life, the group he is surrounded by at Pentucket High School is relatively small.

So when you make a mistake, most of those 707 students and 98 teachers know about it.

It doesn’t take long for the incoming freshmen to gain a reputation. To be labeled. And shoved in a social box for the next four years.

High school is an interesting part of American teenage life. Students are hormonal and naive. No matter how prepared they may think they are for life, no one has any clue what they are doing. High school is a time to explore socially, emotionally, and academically.

Friendships are born and die in high school.

People do mean things. No matter what it is, they usually have a reason for it. That doesn’t make it ok. What we do in high school is usually misunderstood by others.

Everyone has his reason for doing something. Though it might not be well-received, everyone has a right to do what they need to do. That is part of the journey that high school is.

***

It is easy to talk about the bad parts of high school. There is no doubt that it is not an easy time in one’s life. Whether you struggle for a week, a month, or all four years, high school is only one period of your life. No matter how good or bad it may seem, it has changes who you are and helps you to grow.

***

Pentucket is a unique place in that we have a crappy building and few resources. Maybe this is part of the reason the people are so special. We make the most of what we have.

Yes, there are a lot of people who do bad/mean things. But these experiences allow us to learn from the past and move forward with a new perspective.

So, when you accomplish something great, most of those 707 students and 98 teachers know about it.