• Juneteenth/No School- June 19th
  • Senior Class Trip, Smitty's Cinema - May 28th
  • Graduation- June 1st
  • Prom/Half Day- May 24th
  • Last Day of School for Seniors - May 24th
  • Last Day Of School (non-seniors) - June 14th
  • Memorial Day/No School- May 27th
  • Credit for life- May 23rd

Yankee Homecoming High School Battle of the Bands 2024

Photo Source: Cheryl Munick

Spring is here, time to get ready to embrace Newburyport Yankee Homecoming’s 13th Annual High School Battle of the Bands and it’s just around the corner!

We’re excited to announce that the YHC High School Battle will be gracing the iconic Newburyport Waterfront Stage once again, marking the calendar for Saturday, July 27th, 6;00 p.m.

This year, we’re thrilled to have Ben Eramo and Steve Cohen leading the charge as Co-Chairs of this electrifying event. With their wealth of experience as performers and insiders in the music industry, their involvement promises an unforgettable experience for all.

And the best part? This amazing event remains FREE for all to enjoy, so mark your calendars and get ready to rock out with us!

The prizes this year include:

BANDS:

First Prize of:

THE OPENING ACT FOR A YHC EVENING WATERFRONT CONCERT

$100 CASH

PAID PERFORMANCE YHC PARADE FLOAT, SUNDAY AUG 4th

Second Prize:

$100 CASH

SATURDAY, AUG 3RD, PAID PERFORMANCE MARKET SQUARE

Third Prize:

$100 CASH

SOLO/ACOUSTIC DIVISION:

First Prize:

$100 CASH

SATURDAY AUG 3RD, PAID PERFORMANCE MARKET SQUARE

Second Prize:

$100 CASH

Prepare to be blown away by the incredible opportunities awaiting high school bands in this competition! With a track record of outstanding judges and surprise guests, the excitement at this event knows no bounds. You never know whose eyes and ears are tuned in, so have your students bring their A-game and get ready to make some unforgettable impressions!

This event is open to High school students who reside in or attend school in the Massachusetts towns of Amesbury, Groveland, Merrimac, Newbury, Newburyport, Salisbury, and West Newbury. Bands will be selected as follows: one band will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis from each of the listed towns, up to a maximum of 10 bands/acts. After June 27th, applications will be open to any high school bands and acoustic/solo acts, up to the 10 acts maximum.

Please see the attached details for further information. A music instructor or band director must sign off all applications.

Also attached please find a poster advertising the event.

Please check the Yankee Homecoming Battle of the Bands website for more information.

Home | Yankee Homecoming HS Battle of the Bands Event, or Instagram at newburyportyhbattle.

Your assistance is vital to the success of this event. Could you kindly distribute applications to students whom you believe might be interested in participating? We sincerely value your support. This presents a valuable opportunity for students to engage with a supportive local audience and showcase their talents.

For any inquiries regarding this event, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Your efforts in informing students about this opportunity are greatly appreciated.

YHC BOB application 2024 (1) (1) (3).docx – Google Docs