5th ANNUAL HIGH SCHOOL BATTLE OF THE BANDS

YANKEE HOMECOMING 2015

FRIDAY, JULY 24TH 2015 5:00pm – 9:30pm

Newburyport Waterfront Park

Dear Pentucket News :

It is that time again and I am proud to announce that Newburyport Yankee Homecoming is sponsoring the 5th Annual High School Battle of the Bands. Lasts years winner was the Pentucket Jazz Combo. They renamed themselves that night “5 Sharp”. They accepted the cash prize, but they were not available to open for the Waterfront Concert. Once again, this year’s winner will be the opening act for one of the Yankee Homecoming Evening Concerts. There are cash prizes, recording studio times and once again the winner will be a paid band in the Yankee Homecoming Parade. If they are not able to make it, that honor automatically goes to the second place winner, which is what happened last year. The second place winner received an additional $150.00 to play in the YHC parade on a flat bed truck. I think you can agree there are a lot of great opportunities for high school bands in this competition. You have always been a great help in getting the word out in the Pentucket Profile and I am hoping you would be willing to do that again.

The event is open to high school students attending school or residing in the Massachusetts towns of Amesbury, Groveland, Merrimac, Newbury, Newburyport, Salisbury and West Newbury.  Seven bands will be selected to compete. One band will be accepted on a first come first serve basis from each of the following: Amesbury High, The Governor’s Academy, Newburyport High, Pentucket Regional High, Triton Regional High, Sparhawk School, The Musical Suite, West Newbury School of Music, Zach Fields Drum Studios up to seven bands.  Audience members will vote for their favorite band using their ticket along with two judges. We will be accepting applications from area schools and students until June 26thafter that date we will open it to any high school band up to our limit of 7 bands.

Please see attached details for further information.  All applications must be signed off by a music instructor or band director. 

I have also attached a poster advertising the event.

Audience tickets are available at the Yankee Homecoming website, www.Yankeehomecoming.com on the Battle of the Bands page through Paypal.  Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door.  Please check the Yankee Homecoming Battle of the Bands website for more information.

Will you please post and distribute applications to any students you feel may be interested in participating in this event.  If you need more applications please email/call me and I can email you copies.

If you have further questions regarding this event, please feel free to contact me. I greatly appreciate your help letting the students know about this opportunity.

Sincerely,

Cheryl Munick

Yankee Homecoming 2015

5th Annual Battle of the Bands Committee

C/o Cheryl Munick

27 Rivercrest Drive

West Newbury, MA  01985

978-363-8815

[email protected]

Here is the registration form with all the necessary info!

BOBInfoAndApp2015