Senior Feature: Isabel Schutz

Photo Source: Provided by Isabel Schutz

Zach Roberts, Copy Editor

Meet Isabel Schutz: a 2020 graduate and longtime member of the Pentucket community. It is an understatement to say that Schutz had a busy life in high school.

She played basketball her freshman year, ran indoor track sophomore year, did outdoor track and field freshman, sophomore, and junior year, and also played volleyball for Georgetown High School all four years. She also led their team her senior year as co-captain. In addition, she played club volleyball all four years for the Great Bay Volleyball Athletic Program.

“Although I played for a different school, I took pride as a representative as a Sachem,” Schutz said.

Schutz was a representative of the student council in ninth and tenth grade, and right before COVID-19, she became a member of the Environmental Science Club at Pentucket.

In the fall, she will be attending the College of Charleston in South Carolina to pursue a degree in marine science. “I do not know what kind of career I want, but I am hoping to learn from my professors and peers who will guide me down a career pathway that will keep me satisfied,” she commented. “I want to explore as much as I can, and maintain a healthy lifestyle.”

She currently works at the Juicery in Newburyport, MA, where she made beverages and food for customers. She started working at the beginning of junior year. “I [also] began to pursue a modeling career throughout high school, but quit this year to study at a university instead and pursue marine science,” she added. 

She also helped give awards and cheered on athletes for three years at the Unified Track Meet and volunteered for multiple events in 2016-2018 for the Holy Redeemer Church in Merrimac, MA.

As Schutz leaves Pentucket, she leaves her friends, peers, and teachers with these kind words: “I was happy I was able to meet so many people at Pentucket. This school allowed me to interact with new individuals and be open to opportunities and make new friends. I am glad I was able to be a student here, or otherwise I would not have found amazing people I can call family. I hope that everyone will be able to be happy in the nearby future. Even though this time has become depressing and overwhelming for every student here at Pentucket, it is not going to last forever. The best thing to do is to keep your head high and have an optimistic mindset.”