Senior Feature: Jennelle Demers

Photo Source: Kiki Larouge Photography

Lizzie Kershaw, Writer

Jennelle Demers, a senior at Pentucket will be graduating in June. She worked extremely hard all four years of high school, and we are excited for what comes next for her. 

Jennelle participated in summer softball during her freshman and sophomore years. Throughout her time at Pentucket, Jennelle babysat most days after school, driving kids to medical appointments and other after-school activities. She also was a part of a lot of volunteer work. She volunteered to feed the homeless on Wednesdays throughout her high school career. She has done a tremendous amount of work for the homeless community including, participating in homeless clinics, donating clothes, and putting together goodie bags. Jennelle also participated in the Relay for Life 2018 at Masconomet and raised over $1,000. She has also been a part of fundraisers for the German Shepherd Rescue of New England. 

She will be attending Dean College in Franklin, MA and majoring in business. She is more than halfway to completing her Massachusetts Salesperson course, with the hopes to attain her Massachusetts Real Estate Salesperson License. Jennelle has wanted to become a real estate agent since she was little. She has always had a lot of interest in houses and renovations as well as the moving process. Math is one of her strong subjects, so she believes this career is the perfect match for her. 

Jennelle feels lucky to have had such great teachers throughout her experience at Pentucket. She will miss the close knit community including both students and staff. She loved Collaboration and Team Games with Coach Leary and Mr. Kelly, English with Ms. Fichera, and math with the friendly teachers in the math department. Jennelle’s favorite memory at Pentucket was when Mr. Sherman brought the entire class to find someone skipping class. 

We wish Jennelle the best of luck in the fall!