• Juneteenth/No School- June 19th
  • Senior Class Trip, Smitty's Cinema - May 28th
  • Graduation- June 1st
  • Prom/Half Day- May 24th
  • Last Day of School for Seniors - May 24th
  • Last Day Of School (non-seniors) - June 14th
  • Memorial Day/No School- May 27th
  • Credit for life- May 23rd

Top 10 Unsettling and Uncommon Piercings (IMO)

Photo Source: Pexels.com

Piercings can be a taboo topic; they are viewed in a variety of ways from demonic and disgusting to being a huge aspect of a person’s identity. But are there weird piercings? What is the weirdest one? This article will explore unsettling and not well-known piercings. My rankings are somewhat random. On an important note, this is just my opinion and not meant to offend anyone with these piercings or who is interested in getting them. Don’t worry these piercings are G-rated.

Smiley 

The smiley piercing is a mouth piercing in the frenulum which is the little bit of skin in the top of the mouth above the gums. This piercing falls out easily, so it is more of a short-term investment. For a rating of how unsettling the piercing is I would give it a 2/10 because it is not super crazy but still a little odd. 

Angel Bites 

The angel bites piercing consists of two piercings through the top of the upper lip to the bottom of the upper lip. Usually, a barbell with a pointed tip is used to make the person look like they have fangs. I would say the piercing is not unsettling and more of just a newer trend. An overall rating would be a 3/10.

Rhino Nose

This piercing can be described by the name. It is a piercing that goes completely through the tip of the nose with a barbell ring. This piercing can be very painful because of the hard cartilage of the nose it is pierced in.  People can also stretch this piercing which leaves a big disgusting open hole in the nose.  I would say this is a very unsettling piercing at an 8/10. Definitely not the worst but still makes me queasy. 

Dermals 

Dermal piercings are surface piercings that sit on the top of the skin. To pierce these, a chunk of skin will be removed and a piece of jewelry will be inserted into the hole. The description might make it sound tame but some people pick odd places to get dermals like collarbones or fingers. For more normal dermals like face or collarbones, I would give it a  4/10 on the unsettling scale, but for more shocking dermals like finger and back, I would say 7/10

Orbital ear 

The Orbital is a piercing on the ear that takes a hoop through two lobe piercings to make one piercing. It’s not really unsettling, I just find it ugly. The ring through the ear just does not look aesthetically pleasing. 4/10

Stretched septum piercing

Usually, when you think of a septum piercing it is either a small clicker or a horseshoe hoop. However, with stretched septums, the jewelry is huge and takes up a lot of space on a person’s face. It often takes a lot of time to stretch piercings, but some piercers attempt to pierce at a bigger size which is unsafe to do because there is not much practice on this piercing yet. I would give this piercing a 3/10 because some stretched septums look nice while others are definitely overkill. 

Frog eyes

This piercing is two separate tongue piercings on both sides of the tongue to make it look like frog eyes. The frog eyes tongue piercing is also unsafe. It is unsafe because it limits the muscle mobility in the tongue and can cause permanent damage if done incorrectly. It is best to find a highly qualified piercer. Personally, I find this piercing kind of unnecessary and gross considering you could just opt for a regular tongue piercing. 6/10

Play piercings 

Like dermals, play piercings are temporary piercings. An example of these are piercings on a thin layer of the skin and then putting ribbon through it to make it look like a corset. People also use needles on their faces or back to make different designs. I find this very unsettling and honestly gross.  10/10 because of the amount of needles involved.

Tongue Web Piercing

If you want a really bad-looking piercing, the tongue web is the one for you. It is pierced through the piece of skin that is right under the tongue. A lot of people do not have the anatomy for this piercing. I personally find it disgusting. 8/10

Eyeball Piercing

Yup, this piercing is exactly what it sounds like. People pierce their eyeballs. I have no words for this. This piercing requires surgery where it is placed just under the clear part of your eye. This is by far the worst piercing I have come across so far. The idea that someone would go under for surgery for this piercing freaks me out. A total of 10/10 for how unsettled I feel after looking at the piercing. 

Conclusion

While people can have fun expressing themselves with piercings, some are pretty unsafe. A lot of these piercings on the list tend to be gross, but again, this is just my opinion and not meant to offend anyone who has these piercings or is interested in getting them done. 

Anyone interested in learning more about these piercings can go to these links: 

Smiley Piercing 

Angel Bites

Rhino Nose Piercing

Dermals

Orbital Ear Piercing

Frog eyes Piercing

Play Piercings

Tongue Web

Eyeball Piercing