• Juneteenth/No School- June 19th
  • Senior Class Trip, Smitty's Cinema - May 28th
  • Graduation- June 1st
  • Prom/Half Day- May 24th
  • Last Day of School for Seniors - May 24th
  • Last Day Of School (non-seniors) - June 14th
  • Memorial Day/No School- May 27th
  • Credit for life- May 23rd

Pentucket’s Favorite Things About the Winter Season

Photo Source: Pexels.com
Photo Source: Pexels.com

The leaves have fallen off the trees, our warm cozy coats are being brought out of storage, and pumpkin spice lattes are turning into hot cocoa. Say goodbye to the fall; it is time for winter. 

When Pentucket sophomore, Sarah Freitas, was asked what her favorite winter activity was she said, “I like to play basketball because basketball season is only during the winter.”

Sophomore, Evie Zappala loves to go ice skating during the winter; “It’s really fun and I like learning how to do it…. Even though I don’t know how.”

Junior, Zach Bishopp said “I love to watch hockey because it is a good wintertime sport and it’s nostalgic for me. I’ve been watching it since I was young and when I saw the 2010 Winter Olympics Golden Goal with Sidney Crosby in overtime, it made me fall in love with the game.” 

Sophomore, Liam Hammond said, “Snowmobiling, gingerbread houses, sledding, ice skating, and watching movies. I like to do these things because they are fun and entertaining. They are also things I do with friends and family, they make me happy.

Sophomores, Julia Cavanaugh and Gwen Goodwin, both said they like to go skiing because it is the New England thing to do. Julia said, “ It reminds me of my childhood and  is also a very fun and exhilarating experience.”

Freshman, Thea Scata, said, “Snowboarding because I like boarding through the snow and looking at the scenery. I also love going with my friends and family. I have a lot of memories.”

Sophomore, Bella Poore, said, “ I like to go skiing because it’s fun and I get to bond with my cousins. I also like snowmobiling because it reminds me of when I was a kid and went with my mom.”

Though winter time can be described as harsh and gloomy, the students at Pentucket High School still find ways to make do with the cold weather.