• Juneteenth/No School- June 19th
  • Senior Class Trip, Smitty's Cinema - May 28th
  • Graduation- June 1st
  • Prom/Half Day- May 24th
  • Last Day of School for Seniors - May 24th
  • Last Day Of School (non-seniors) - June 14th
  • Memorial Day/No School- May 27th
  • Credit for life- May 23rd

Why Are Some Clothing Brands Unrealistically Expensive?

Photo source: Vogue
Photo source: Vogue

Some clothing brands charge thousands of dollars just for a simple piece of clothing. Brands like Rick Owens, Balenciaga, and Chrome Hearts are all very expensive. Their clothes prices typically range from 200-10,000 dollars. Rich people are the only people who can afford designer clothes, being that it is a pretty expensive hobby. Their clothes are so expensive that people end up buying replicas of the clothes of different websites.

Pandabuy.com sells almost exact replicas of designer clothes for lower prices. Some people don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on a certain piece of clothing, so they opt for knockoffs instead. 

Rick Owens

Rick Owens is a popular fashion store. They have very unique clothes that you wouldn’t see someone wearing every day. Rick Owens owns the brand and designs everything. Rick Owens’s style is commonly described as gothic streetwear. On the Rick Owens website, there are a lot of clothes that you would look at and think, “Who would even wear that”? To make the clothes, Owens uses very high materials such as leather, cashmere, and silk in their clothing which pushes the prices up on the clothing. Senior Claire Bassinder said, “I don’t own any Rick Owens clothes, but if I had the money I would buy their boots, even though they are unrealistically expensive.”

Photo source: Vogue

Balenciaga

Balenciaga is a very popular designer brand. However, the brand has gone through several big scandals due to some of its clothing designs. Even after multiple scandals, they still seem to push through and release more and more expensive clothing. Their clothing is less expensive than that of Rick Owens but still tends to retail at over a thousand dollars per item. They are mostly known for their handbags and their iconic “It” bags. The handbag prices go up to 3,000 dollars apiece. Senior Jocelyn Weinburg said, “I own no balenciaga right now but once I get the money I will buy one of the bags.” 

Photo source: Vogue

Chrome Hearts

Chrome Hearts is one of the most expensive brands I’ve seen, selling novelty items and clothing. They are a very overpriced brand with clothes costing tens of thousands of dollars. They also have some affordable clothes, if you call $200 for a shirt affordable. Chrome sells things from cars to furniture. Their furniture costs tens of thousands of dollars, it is probably some of the most expensive furniture that someone could own- with basic household items such as couches costing over $150,000. Personally, I own one piece of clothing by Chrome Hearts and it is currently selling for around $800.

Photo source: Devin Lare

Conclusion

Honestly, it’s cheaper to get replicas of the designer clothes you want, but if you can afford the clothes, go ahead and buy them. Also, these are just three brands- there are plenty of other designer brands to shop from that are more affordable. Never buy something that you cannot comfortably afford.